June 17, 2010

What is a Public Library?

One of my coworkers sent this cute parody around today.



I have to say that I am a little confused about how other libraries are "checking out" iPads and Kindles. I know we have are considering it, but have also had some concerns about how many books could be on a Kindle...I heard one person say we would have a Kindle with one book on it. (No clue how we would determine that title.) Then if someone was looking for that book, they would have an option of getting it in a regular book, audiobook, large print, or Kindle. That doesn't seem all too practical, but I guess they've run into some legal issues with loading hundreds of titles onto a Kindle and then sharing it with the public. I'm hazy on details (obvi) but if I ever find out I'll let you know.

Does anyone else know how other libraries are handling the Kindle/iPad situation?

photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment