January 12, 2012

New Year. New Meagan. Old blog.

Hey!

Sorry I abandoned you little ole blog. I'm sure no one is reading you, but I kind of forgot about you after I finished writing up my 24th year of reading posts. I've been plugging away at it in my 25th year and will have lots of cool books to share. I'm not sure if I've yet had a reading experience as deeply emotional as "The Book Thief", for example, or as motivating as "Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from Consumer Culture." (Just checked and it looks like I read both last March. March 2012 has a lot to live up to!)

In glancing back now at what I was reading a year ago, I have to laugh. My interests align! I'm reading the new biography of Catherine the Great and last January I was also read historical fiction based in Russia! I was reading a novel about Sherlock Holmes fans and I just checked out the newest authorized Sherlock Holmes book, "The House of Silk."

In big news:
--I bought a new paper calendar. Woo real objects, not digital ones! This year my home wall calendar is art deco train advertisements. My work desk calendar is "Wisdom" themed. And the biggest news...I've returned to having a little planner that I can carry around! I found one that I LOVE. It mimics the best planner I ever had, which was one my dad got free at work and gave me in 2007. So I'm pretty psyched about that puppy and find myself just flipping through the months randomly at work. I love being able to see my entire month on one page.

--G got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas. This means I've crossed over to the dark side of e-readers! AH! I am not sure yet how I feel about it, but damn. It is convenient. I'm currently reading Catherine the Great on it. I'll let you know when I'm done how the experience ranks.

Happy reading. I hope 2012 is a good one for us all!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about getting a paper planner this year too! Unfortunately I looked down at my handwritten notes from earlier that day and knew I would inevitably run into scheduling problems due to illegible writing....so I'm doing the google calendar thing. I wish they had cool looking ones for tablets that looked as pretty as the paper ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legible handwriting is rather important when maintaining a paper calendar. The best way to improve that handwriting is to write some letters. Just sayin.

      Delete