October 4, 2010

Hope

Lately there have been lots of new stories about gay children and young adults killing themselves after years of bullying due to their sexual orientation. I have lots to say about this issue, but it boils down to this:
1) This is not new. The media just decided to start talking about it.
2) I will never understand people who hate others because of who they love.
3) This whole situation is frustrating and I feel like there is nothing I can do.

You've probably seen this, but I figured the more exposure it gets, the better. Dan Savage, of Savage Love fame, started a Youtube channel called It Gets Better. It is supposed to show young LGBTQ people that life gets better after you grow up, get out of high school, and have the opportunity to move away from the people who hurt you.

Please check it out. Send it to people. Send it to teenagers you know, gay or straight. You never know who it will help.

It Gets Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment