July 1, 2010

Holiday needed

This has been a hard hard 9 days. Some dark, sad family stuff happened. So I'm exhausted emotionally. And then, this blew up over the internets, and made me angry.

And then this lady made me smile.

Thanks to Lauren and Britni for pointing me towards those things, respectively.

I've got one more looooooong workday (9 hours) and then I'm heading home. A Friday night with my lovely mom and my naughty little dog, then a ferry trip across Lake Michigan to have the annual Fourth of July weekend with G's family. I'm looking forward to floating in a lake, waking up to boys making me waffles, and playing with bad kitties.


Hope everyone has a lovely summer weekend, put on some sunscreen!

2 comments:

  1. Did you see the letter to the editor from the Chicago Public Library Commissioner? http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/library-taxes-closed-commissioner-reaction-letter-mary-dempsey-20100702

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! It makes my librarian heart sing.

    ReplyDelete